Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Why Are We Here?

This is probably an easy question for religious people to answer but not so easy for those of us who aren't.  We have to look at our world and try to figure it all our with our pathetic knowledge of the universe.

I do think we're here for a purpose because anything else is illogical.  That one person (God) sitting up in the sky somewhere is responsible for everything that happens on earth makes no sense.  Religious people like to imagine that their god does only good and that the devil (another silly depicted person) causes all the evil.  I say we human beings are responsible for all the good and evil that happens on earth.

I'm agnostic, not atheist, because I understand that none of us really know what is what so I leave my options open to when I will know...hope it happens at some point!

I've mostly learned what makes me happy.  Being gentle and kind raises me up while being a bitch drags me down where I don't like it and don't want to stay.  I'm way past the age where I care to impress anyone so my actions are as natural as they'll ever be.  I do what makes me happy and doesn't hurt anyone else.  That's where I'm in my comfort zone.

Yes, I do believe we're here for a reason but what it is I don't know.  It just doesn't make sense that we live for a finite number of years and then disappear.  Logic tells us that our life force carries on in some form.  How we've lived this life must have some influence on what comes in the afterlife.  It only makes sense.

The closest I've come to seeing what happens after death is when my husband died and I saw something like a mist burst from him and fill the room.  It solidified my belief that we don't just disappear after death.  The life force, or soul, is an entity that must exist forever.  It's interesting.

I'll be 75 years old in August so my time left on earth is pretty limited.  I could have a day or I could have 20 years so I have to make sure each day is a positive one.  I've spent too many days in my life that were negative, mostly by my own doing, so I'm going to do my best to make my remaining ones pleasant.  When you're happy it spreads to those who come in contact with you so my plan is to spread a little joy before I leave.

Why are we here?  Who knows, but we should make the best of it while it lasts.     

No comments: