Friday, July 03, 2015

Choices

I love reading Facebook in the morning...little blurbs about what's going on in my family and friends' lives.  One of the things I enjoy, too, are the sayings that make you either smile or stop and think.  I especially like the ones that tell us we have choices in our lives how to deal with every day events.

We'll always have troubles of one kind or another but it makes a huge difference how we choose to let them affect us.  The older we get, the more we realize that most problems fade away in time and most problems never amounted to what we feared they would.  I used to over-react to every little blip in my life until I learned to quiet my mind for a moment to truly digest what was happening.  Then I was able to make a choice...would I fall apart or deal with it in a rational way.  Most often I remained strong.

It seems as though we're always presented with forks in the road that might not be of our own choosing and which direction we choose to follow will determine our success.  When we make the choice in a panic mode, we might not make the right choices.  Talking it out with someone you trust is also helpful.

Today, I choose to be happy and helpful.  My mind is at ease and peace surrounds me. 

No comments: