Sunday, July 26, 2015

Packed

We're not leaving until early Thursday morning but I'm about 95% packed already.  I have 2 garment bags with outfits for every day plus a couple of extras and I've half filled my large overnight bag with undies, nightie, housecoat, closed in shoes, and cosmetic bag...pills and a few odd little items still to pack on Wednesday.  I'm taking a jacket in case of cooler weather, too.  It looks like I won't even need my little suitcase.

When Dennis and I had the boat, I learned how to pack efficiently and not to overpack.  I have to admit I have tons of clothes so it's easy for me to pack well ahead of time.

I look at packing as an art form.  By hanging pants and matching top on one hanger you don't even have to decide at the last minute what goes with what.  I always keep a cosmetic bag with almost everything I'll need in my overnight bag.  It's a huge one I bought at Joann's Fabrics last winter...it's really for crafts but it is perfect as an overnight bag.

I'm also going to do some grocery shopping tomorrow for fruit, water, and snackies to take with us.  And I must not forget to get some money out of the bank...the U.S. money is going to break my heart because our dollar has dropped to $1.34 for a U.S. dollar.  

The reunion is going to be so much fun but I bet it will be over before we know it.  The good memories will go on forever, though.   

No comments: