Saturday, July 25, 2015

Trip to N.B.

I'm not sure how long the reunion in New Brunswick next week has been planned but, as usual, our plans to attend have changed many, many times.

Nick is going with Kim and me now and that's a pleasant surprise.  I assumed 3 drivers would make the trip easier until I found out that Nick and Kim didn't want me driving...in my own car!  They think I drive too slow!

Anyway, not only the car inhabitants and the motel has changed but so has the route.  It seems we are now going to cross over to the States in Montreal.  I have 2 trip tiks from CAA and neither show us crossing over in Montreal.  I think we're going to be winging it.

Nick also has some strange idea that the 900 mile trip can be done in 13 hours.  I'm flabbergasted!  Dennis and I made that trip many times years ago and it takes close to 18 hours...and Dennis was a madman at the wheel.  I know Nick is a good driver but he still has Hammond blood in him so I'm a little worried.

I'm looking forward to the reunion...no so much the trip. 

No comments: