Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Canada's New Prime Minister

Today Canada has a new prime minister, Justin Trudeau.  I didn't vote but, if I had, I probably would have voted Liberal for him.  There's no doubt our country needs someone strong at the helm who has Canada's best interests at heart and a lot of hope is riding on young Justin.

I don't trust politicians and I'm assuming Justin is as crooked and inept as all the others but I do have a slightly open mind at the moment and a tiny hope that he will be good for the country.  The Liberals won by a landslide mainly because people were fed up with Harper and the Conservative government.  But this is the way it always goes.  We become fed up with whatever party is in power because they usually don't give a damn about the common people.  Then we band together like lemmings and elect the opposing party...this time it's Liberals.  Most of us don't ever seem to give up even though it's proven time and time again that we can't trust any of the parties.

Ah well, we'll just wait and see if Justin Trudeau is up to the job of being a great leader.  We need one.


No comments: