Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Flowers

Sylvia bought me this lovely bouquet of carnations and they sit prettily on the window sill next to my desk.  I love cut carnations best of all because they last so long.  I used to buy them for myself about once a month until they seemed to get too expensive.  I've decided to buy them anyway now and to hell with the expense.  They pay for themselves in making me happy.

When you consider how much I lose every month gambling compared to $5 spend on beautiful flowers that will bring me joy for 3 whole weeks, it's a no brainer.

I've used one of my gorgeous carnival glass vases, too, and it usually sits inside the china cabinet doing nothing but looking pretty.  The sweet little glass toadstool I bought at "The Birdies Nest" last week sits next to it here.  I love glass, whether it's colored or clear and carnival glass is my favorite.

When Ferne was very elderly and senile, she perked up when we put a cat in front of her which stirred past memories.  When I'm very elderly and senile, I hope my family puts a beautiful glass vase of carnations in front of me to perk me up! 

No comments: