Saturday, October 17, 2015

Lunch With Cindy & Kyle

I regularly have lunch with Cindy but today was extra special because Kyle joined us, too.  Just as mothers often see only the child in their adult offspring, I can't look at my grandson, Kyle, without seeing the beautiful little boy with blonde hair and sand ringed lips.  He used to eat sand when he was a little boy.

We had lunch at "The Power House" and it was so good!  I had fish and chips...the fish was one of the best I've ever had.  We ate and gabbed for quite a while longer than we'd planned because Cindy had an appointment at 2 P.M.  There was no way she could make it so I begged her to accept she'd be late and not drive like a maniac to get there.  She drove me nicely to my apartment but I can't guarantee she drove that carefully when she left.

I was so lucky to have quality time with most of my grandchildren and formed bonds that will remain forever.  I knew them when, so to speak.  I changed diapers and cleaned snotty noses so I paid my dues and deserve to have this lovely relationship with my babies.

I pity the people who have no interest in their grandchildren or greatgrandchildren.  They have no idea how much they've lost by not being close to their progeny.  I love mine dearly!

No comments: