Monday, October 05, 2015

Sylvia's Here!

Sylvia arrived last Tuesday and I've been running her ragged since she got here.  Kim drove me to the airport because there was a good chance it would be dark for the ride home and I can't see to drive in the dark.  Kim is such a treasure and gives of herself sometimes to a fault.  Anyway, I appreciate everything she does for me!

Sylvia settled in right away and never complained about the crowded bedroom she's using.  It's neat but holds a lot of my craft supplies...even in the closet so she had to hang her clothes in the front coat closet.

Wednesday we (Faye, Sylvia, and I) met Sheila for lunch in Oakville.  We hung around that restaurant for hours just gabbing and laughing.

We drove out to Mary's on Thursday with Faye and Donna and had a lovely time.  I've never gone there on a day trip before because it's a 2 1/2 hour drive there and back.  Lunch out, of course, at our favorite little Chinese restaurant in Ridgetown.

Friday was kind of crummy weather so we hung out around the apartment most of the day.  I got a little Swedish weaving done...I've been working slowly but steadily on my latest afghan.  We did get out for lunch at Five Guys with Norma.  Lots of laughs there!!  Then we went to Kim's for tea and cookies.

Saturday was another kind of crummy day but we had to stay home anyway because Matt and Kelly came for a visit in the afternoon.  Matt took my air conditioner out of the window.  It's that time of the year!!

Sunday Sylvia and I went to church in the morning.  It was a so nice because Sylvia's religion is very important to her and I could use the experience!  Kim was waiting for us when we got home to take us back up to Five Guys for lunch and then to the movies..."The Intern" with Robert DiNiro.  An okay movie plotwise but and excellent movie for the acting.  Then we went to Cindy's for dinner...Aeron was there, too.  I got to nibble on the special dessert I'd been begging for and it was worth all the calories I consumed!

Our days have been kind of tiring for us old gals so we've been fighting to stay awake until 10 P.M.  We watched a Meryl Streep movie that ran until 10:30 and I'm sure both of us fell asleep the second our heads hit our pillows.

Today, unfortunately, is another cloudy day but not as cold so I've got a load of laundry in and then we'll have lunch out so I can pick up a prescription.  We've honestly had a couple of meals here but we tend to eat a large lunch and then aren't too hungry at dinnertime.

The plans for tomorrow are to go to Niagara Falls with Sheila and Donna.  It might be cloudy but it will be warm so it should be a perfect day for the trip.  I would have taken Sylvia to see Niagara Falls even if it was pouring rain because it's one of the wonders of the world and not to be missed.

Wednesday should be nice, too, but I have to be at the Senior Center at 3:30 to wait in line and register for the craft show.  Kim is picking us up and dropping me off at the center and then taking Sylvia to visit with Faye and Marilee.  She'll pick me up after I get registered (have no idea how long that will take) and I'll visit at Faye's for a short while before Kim drives Sylvia and me home.  Thank heavens for good daughters and I have 3 of them!

Thursday will be a sad day because that's when Sylvia heads back home to Mickey.  I know he misses her terribly but I'm going to miss my lovely friend, too.  I plan to visit her next September and I'm really looking forward to having them show me their beautiful province.  I've been to Nova Scotia before but it seemed like a whirlwind trip through it so this time it will be a more relaxed trip.  I'd like to continue our back and forth trips for as long as our health holds out but nothing lasts forever and I'm just going to enjoy the special times we get to spend with each other and be thankful we're such good friends.




No comments: