Sunday, November 29, 2015

Fish Out Of Water

I knew I'd feel this way with Sylvia not here.  She told me to give it a chance, that I have lots of other friends here to chum around with but I still miss our little routines.  Just walking over to the clubhouse alone to play cards makes me sad.  Sylvia always would stop by on her way and we'd chat for a few minutes before heading over to the clubhouse.  I miss those little things.

I missed her and Mickey at Thanksgiving dinner.  They would have loved it because it was the best we've had here in a long time.

I'll miss her this coming Tuesday because that's the day we always had lunch and shopped at Beall's.

To make matters even worse this year, Gail and Red aren't coming down to 3W because Red is having some health problems.  Age, money, and health is what ruins our winters in Florida.  

I'm also going to miss gambling every Monday with the ladies here (not Sylvia).  The Canadian dollar is so low now that I've had to cut back my gambling days to one per month.  The same ladies will go with me and I'll enjoy that because they're all nice friends.

I don't do well with change.  Once I get my life set in a comfortable way, I don't like to see it change.  Apparently, I have no choice in the matter!

No comments: