Thursday, November 19, 2015

It's Always Something

Here I am at my favorite little trailer park in my sweet little trailer for the winter...but not everything is fun and sun.  Usually it's the telephone that isn't working but this time the phone and internet came on like a dream but the 3 year old T.V. was fried.  I hired a T.V. repairman to come and look at it because I couldn't bear the thought of buying a new one in American dollars but all I did was waste another $50 U.S.  

I searched the internet for information on T.V.'s and decided to buy a 28" Vizio (recommended by the repairman).  It cost $158 U.S. and then I also bought a 3 year warranty for $18 U.S.  I never buy an extended warranty but this time I thought it a wise thing to do.  Now I'm waiting for Direct T.V. to come this afternoon and see if it's safe to hook up to their cable.  Joann is also coming over so I can put one of her items on Ebay.  I've already put about 10 of my own small items on Ebay.  I only plan to play a bit with Ebay this winter and not get into it much at all.

I've still got some yard work to do but no more today.  I'm sore because I'm not used to laboring any more but the aches and pains are mild and will disappear in a day or so.

Because of the terrible Canadian dollar, this will be a test year to see if I can afford to come down next year.  So far, it's been awfully expensive mainly because of the darned T.V., something I never expected.  The car used less than $100 in gas to get here so that was great...Kim had the cruise control on a lot and I think that's the reason.

Anyway, the 2015/2016 season at 3W is underway and I'm missing my friend, Sylvia, very much.

No comments: