Monday, November 02, 2015

It's Quiet

My building has mainly seniors for tenants so you'd expect it to be pretty quiet and it is.  I really enjoy those moments when, all of a sudden, I realize the only sound I hear is the motor of the fridge.  It's peaceful.  

When one of the tenants uses the elevator, I can hear it but not loudly.  I told Kim that the soft sounds of the comings and goings of the other tenants seems to comfort me, making me feel not alone.  I made a very good choice moving to this apartment building.  One never knows when they move if they'll end up with neighbors from hell or superintendants who don't look after the place but I lucked out.  My building is relatively quiet with nice neighbors and a superintendant who takes excellent care of the building and grounds.

Well, even the fridge motor has shut off now so the silence is very peaceful.  Maybe it's time for bed.

  

No comments: