Tuesday, January 19, 2016

New Windows

I'm on a roll now that I'm not paying lot rent.  There have been quite a few things that needed doing on the trailer in the last few years that I let go because I assumed I'd be selling soon.  One of the big things was putting in 2 new windows to replace the ones that leak.  That should have been done years ago but I just didn't know how to go about getting it done.  Mickey couldn't handle putting in the larger one and it never occurred to me to call in someone from a window replacement business before.

Someone from Window World is supposed to show up today but I'm worried he won't be able to find my trailer.  This park is laid out as a campground where, in the trailer section, the street letters don't make much sense because "D" (mine) doesn't designate the street but a whole section.  I explained that I was right across the road from the clubhouse so I hope the poor man has that written on his directions.

Joann had windows with screens put in her trailer for under $200 each so that's the price I'm hoping for.  My worry (another one) is that delivery might be delayed and I head back home the end of the first week of April.

Well, lo and behold, the young man finally found my trailer and is now measuring the windows.  Update will come later.

Update:  Well, crap!  He was sweet as could be but his company's windows are not made to fit my trailer.  Apparently my windows need to be 2" and their's are 3" thickness.  I hate, hate, hate this!   He was very nice and suggested I check out Broke and Poore.  Hmm!  He also thinks they might be able to install them.  Hmm!  I guess I'll do a rough measurement and drive on over to Broke and Poore maybe on Saturday because I'm busy the other days.  Update to come later.

No comments: