Monday, January 11, 2016

No Perfect Day

I've thought for a long time that I'm supposed to have problems.  It seems forever that I get the worst problem solved and there is not even a skip of a beat before another problem arises to take it's place.

I have 2 windows in the trailer that have leaked.  Mickey was able to sort of fix one by covering it with caulk (caulking?).  The other window hasn't been a big problem until this year when I discovered some of the floor tile lifted just below it.  Apparently the leak was not stopped over the summer by the sponges I put in the track and it overflowed and settled on the floor of the tipout behind the sofa.  And so I bought awnings and had them installed so I didn't have to put in new windows to solve this problem.  They worked...but then I pulled the sofa out to check the wall under the leaky window and found it to be saturated and ripply from the leak over the summer.  Now I am not quite sure what to do because there is a danger of mold behind the wall paneling.  This happened with the other window but Mickey took it apart, found no mold, and replaced that section of paneling.  This is what needs to be done with the paneling behind the sofa but Mickey isn't here any more and I'm not sure if this is something that Paul (the handyman) can do.  I hate being faced with a problem I don't know how to solve!

John and Shelley are coming over later in the week so I'll have to ask his advice.  Their house is in the process of a huge renovation right now and he doesn't need to be worrying about my piddly problem...but the possible presence of mold is spurring me to drag him into it.  The "problem", not the "mold".  LOL!

Anyway, I guess I'll have to ask Paul if he has the time and the ability to replace the damn window and replace the damaged wall.  I feel like I'm in the midst of a tornado!  I want to purchase a new sleeper sofa but I don't want to do that until this problem is solved.

Wonder what the next problem will be??  

No comments: