Wednesday, April 06, 2016

Home, Home

There is no place like home.  When I'm in Florida, my trailer is home but the real home where my life and heart is lies further north in Canada.  That's my home home.

"Home" is where you know you belong in the long run.  It's the place where you feel the most comfortable and where you believe you could stay until the day you die.Some say that home is where your stuff is but I have stuff in both places.  The stuff I have at my home home is the most treasured, though.  The stuff I have in the trailer could blow away in a hurricane and I'd be sad but not devastated.  That stuff isn't quite as important to me.  Now, the friends I have in Florida are very important to me and, by staying in the trailer, it gives me a place to be near them.  It's the friends that would break my heart to lose, not the contents of the trailer.

So, tomorrow morning, Cindy, Don, and I will start the long 2 day trek home home.  With each mile we cover, I'll be feeling more peaceful, knowing I'm heading in the right direction at this moment in time.  With luck and good health, I'll reverse the trip in November and head back to Florida where my little home away from home awaits me.

No comments: