Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Torn Muscle?

When I hurt my arm lifting the futon, the pain wasn't sufficient to send me to a doctor because I didn't want the hassle of making a claim on my out-of-country insurance.  Once I got home, though, I wanted to find out just what damage I'd done to myself.

I phoned my doctor this morning and was surprised he could see me this afternoon.  He thinks it might be a torn muscle but I'm getting an ultrasound on Monday to know for sure.  I also set myself up with physiotherapy right here in town for May 2nd.  There is no cost to me for any of this and I like to point that out to my American friends.  For the most part, they tend to be a little afraid of government health care.  My doctor said that, whether or not the muscle is torn, therapy will help heal it faster and I'm all for that.

I have good motion in the arm but it hurts when I move it and it aches when I'm not moving it.  I hate this!

My doctor likened my muscle to a rubber band that has aged right along with me and become easily frayed or torn.  He said it with tact but the truth is I'm falling apart.  I just never realized my innards were deteriorating along with my outside.

Anyway, this isn't the end of the world as far as health problems go so I won't get myself upset about it.  I certainly won't be straining these old muscles anymore by lifting heavy stuff!

No comments: