Monday, June 27, 2016

Solving a Problem

When I moved into this apartment 3 years ago I had to put an air conditioner in the window because there was no central air here.  Luckily, the windows are wide and double so I used to have Matt put the air conditioner into the one furthest from where I sit at my desk.  

I also had to put a tote on the balcony under the air conditioner to catch the water it dispelled.  This year I decided to have him put the air conditioner in the window closest to where I sit so that I had a bit more room on the balcony.  This became a problem for me using the computer when it was on, though.  I froze up pretty fast!

So today I thought I could solve this problem by putting something in front of the air that blasted at me but still allowed it to cool the apartment.  I took an old magazine and hung it on the air conditioner, held it place by a heavy sandstone carving.  It works!

I'll find something neater than the magazine later but this is great for now.

No comments: