Sunday, June 26, 2016

Today

I did some heavy duty housework yesterday...this means pulling out furniture so I can clean the floor completely.  I usually have all the floors done like this when I first get home from Florida but I was lazy this year and only did the livingroom.  Now the bedrooms are done and I feel pretty good about that.  I also washed the tiled floors because I got tired of waiting for the repairman to fix the spare bedroom window/wall where there is water damage.  I'll have to wash them again as soon as he does that work because there will be plaster dust dragged around for sure.  No big deal!

And now today I have only one little job and that's to pull out the livingroom end tables to clean under them properly and then to teak oil them.  Those tables are probably the most expensive things I have in this apartment.  I paid $10 for the 2 of them at a yard sale and they're worth around $1200+.  Some deal, right?  I really love teak furniture but it's become prohibitively expensive to buy in a store.  If I ever find a teak diningroom table with deep fold down leaves I will buy it if I can.  Other than that, I won't be buying any more furniture for the rest of my life.

Yesterday it was one of those 90 degree days that we'll have today and tomorrow before it cools down to nice and normal.  I watered the plants on the balcony and then sat out there for a while enjoying the lovely cool breeze that is always out there in the evening no matter how hot the day happens to be.  I wonder if that's because there's so much open space in the ravine and that I'm on the 6th floor.  Whatever, it's always so nice!

I was up before 6 A.M. again this morning and posted my flower photos on Facebook (starts my day perfectly), had a shower and washed my hair, and now I really should get to work...probably 1/2 hour and then I'll be done for the day.

Life is good!

No comments: