Thursday, July 21, 2016

For Jo

I'm pretty sure Jo reads my blog and I hope she reads this one because I'm going to get very personal about her.

We met at our park in Florida quite a few years ago and I liked her from the start.  She was such a nice person that everyone she meets can't help but like her.  I was very sad when she and her husband decided to move to another park for the winter because that meant we wouldn't see much of each other.

Jo is fun to be around because you never see her in a bad mood (her husband might but it would probably be his fault.  LOL).  When I headed to Florida, Jo was one of the people I most wanted to connect with again and I really did miss her company last winter.

But life happens and now we only connect on Facebook occasionally but I'll always have those great memories of her friendship at 3W.  I feel blessed to have her for a friend!

Today, on Facebook, I found out that Jo has lung cancer and is starting chemo.  At first I almost cried but then I remembered what a strong and good person she was, how strong her family ties are, and I knew that all that support would get her through the process.  One of our friends from 3W was diagnosed with lung cancer 12 years ago and he is healthy and happy today.  I'm hoping Jo will have the same outcome and I'll be sending my healing thoughts to her every day.

As with all cancers, you have to attack them aggressively and do your own faith healing, too.  Chemo and radiation is the normal treatment but I believe that your own determination is just as important.

I hate it that Jo has to go through this but she's not alone.  She's very lucky to have the husband and the family she has who will be beside her every step of the way.  That's powerful energy!

Jo, if you read this, know how much I love you, my friend, and I'll be rooting for you.  Stay strong and positive.  Fight the good fight and beat the bastard.     

No comments: