Saturday, July 30, 2016

My Bird Feeder

When Cindy and Don bought me this bird feeder I was a little dubious about whether or not I'd notice it much but I do.  I look forward every day to seeing the sparrows (so far that's all that visit) swarming around and feeding.  At any given time there might be up to 4 sparrows there and it's so sweet to watch them.  They make a terrible mess on the balcony but that's the trade off...I really enjoy that they come around.

Cindy's thoughts were that I'd have lots of time to watch the birds once I can't winter in Florida and she's right.  I think I'll buy a glider chair so that I can sit comfortably and watch them.  Right now there is a recliner in front of the patio doors and I can't swing it around to watch the birds without scaring them off.  I've been trying to figure out how to rearrange the furniture to allow for a glider.  I don't want to make my apartment look junky with too much furniture.

I'm also looking forward to other varieties of birds discovering the feeder.  I once had a sparrow's nest on the balcony and I think the sparrows that visit might have been born here.  I'm a romantic.  LOL!

It's an overcast day today and we've had a bit of rain that is much needed.  I'm going out for groceries and lunch at Burger King.  A simple life but I'm very happy!   

No comments: