Saturday, July 09, 2016

Supper at the Beach

Well, I wasn't hungry so Matt and I just had an ice-cream cone but Kim had fish and chips.

Kim called earlier to see if I'd like to go to Hutch's for fish and chips and I jumped at the chance because I thought the vintage cars would be there on a Saturday evening.  Turned out they're there on Monday evenings along with some good old country music!  We'll go then!

We got to the beach (about a 10 minute drive from my apartment) around 6 P.M. and I was surprised to see how many cars were in the huge parking lot.  There were so many people sitting or eating at the large number of picnic tables available and many more walking on the beach or the boardwalk.  The sand on the beach is not very nice but the lake is lovely and there was a nice breeze blowing.  It all felt family friendly and family safe.

I asked Kim if we could come back on Monday to see the old cars and she's agreeable to it.  I would come by myself if I had to but its nicer having company.  The only thing I'd change would be the seating.  It's too hard on my back to sit at those wooden picnic tables so I'd take a folding chair if I was going to be sitting there for long.

Just sitting there and watching the families all around on a beautiful summer evening was such a nice feeling.  We're a multi-cultural city so that was reflected in the people there.  They were all there to enjoy the view, the food, and the weather and it made no difference if they were white, black, or purple.  We all enjoyed it together.  

No comments: