Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Family Dinner

Cindy invited me for dinner on Monday and I jumped at the chance, mostly because all of her children and their significant others would be there, too.  I see Cindy often but I don't see those grandchildren near as often as I'd like.

It was a beautiful summer evening so Cindy laid the food out buffet style on the sun porch and we loaded our plates and ate out in the backyard.  One of the servings was veggie burgers and they tasted like meat to me...excellent!

Tyson and Sarah, Kyle and Samantha, Aeron and Jake...I was so pleased to see them.  Cindy and Don, I love to bits but they had to take second place that evening to my sweet babies.  I babysat the 3 kids a lot while they were growing up and feel tightly bonded to them.  I have no understanding of grandparents who take no interest in their grandchildren.  They just don't know what they're missing.

We sat out on that beautiful evening and chatted for hours.  I particularly love chatting with Tyson who has my kind of philosophical outlook on life.  We don't necessarily hold the same beliefs but he's so polite and intelligent that I could talk with him forever.

Cindy had picked me up after work so Aeron and Jake drove me home.  I have such a deep love for my babies and I pay close attention to their significant others...I think they've chosen well!

Family...what makes life worth living.


No comments: