Sunday, August 07, 2016

Not Enough Time

I had my 76th birthday on Friday and, as happy as I am to have made it this far, I'm quite aware that I won't live long enough to see Jake become president of the United States.  He's brilliant, has great values, is cute as a button, and very interested in the politics of his country.  I see him becoming a lawyer first and then making his way to the presidency of the U.S.  Maybe I'm biased but I don't care.

It's fascinating watching your children and then grandchildren make their way in the world but we know we won't be around to witness it all.  There's been a poster going around about how nice it is to see your children become good people and I'm going to have to settle for that.  All of my babies are good people and that won't change throughout their lives, I'm sure.

Most of my grandchildren are with partners who will probably be life partners.  I can't stress how happy that makes me!  It's like having a telescope into the far future and feeling confident they'll be living a lovely life.

There is never enough time in our earthly life to witness it all.  There can be an awful lot of wasted moments we realize could have been used for a higher purpose but I'm thankful for the time I got to be part of my children's, grandchildren's, and greatgrandchildren's lives.  It was the best of times.

Faye is figuring she has 10 years left (I think she has 20) but she's much healthier than I am...no medications and walks a lot.  I'm fairly healthy and think I just might have another 10 years, too, but that won't get me to Jake's inauguration as president of the U.S.  I won't see my little guys even graduate from high school.  That's a fact.  But I'm leaving my progeny with the good people I've traveled my life with and that will have to satisfy me.

As for my older grandchildren, they need to get busy soon because I'm anxious to start shopping for little girl clothes!

   


No comments: