Thursday, September 01, 2016

I'm Testy

I had thought that I found my Statistics Canada drama funny and not really bothersome but I  think that might not be entirely true.  After making a series of calls to Revenue Canada Fraud Department and to Statistics Canada today, I'm peeved.  It seems there is no-one who can make Stats Canada stop calling me.  It's like living in Nazi Germany and having no government body to protect you from a government body that happens to be a bully.  

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to my member of Parliament but haven't heard back.  Today I sent one to Ontario's Wynne...now that is desperation!  What I see with Statistics Canada is a government agency that has gone out of control with way too much power over the Canadian citizens.  You can bet I will fight to the death but I shouldn't have to do that.

The Canadian census should be the only mandatory survey in the country but, due to an error, Statistics Canada is allowed to have one more and that appears to be the workforce survey (maybe not the right name but close).  I haven't been told that this is the survey they want me to answer questions to so I'm a little confused.

Why, on a workforce survey would it be mandatory for citizens to tell where they holiday?  Why would refusing to answer that question bring a fine or jail?  It's the principal of the thing that I'm fighting for...no government agency should have the right to demand an answer to that question.  There are many more that I take issue with, though.  Question #1 was who lives with me or do I live alone.  That is not a question I feel I must answer to anyone as long as I'm not harboring illegal aliens.  I'm not!

Anyway, I'm not at peace because of this harassment and that is a shame.  From now on I'll keep telephone messages and any notices that come in the mail.  Who would ever have thought that an honest and law abiding citizen like me would have to deal with this crap? 


No comments: