Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Nicole's Wedding

Not only is the family thrilled to death that our Nicole is marrying Sam a year this November, but we're also excited about where we'll be staying for the wedding.  Shelley has found us a mansion...yes, a mansion.  13 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms and a huge house to play in for the time we'll be there.  It will hold both John's and our immediate families and be the party house for everyone (immediate and otherwise) for all 4 days before the wedding.  

When Shelley and John got married, it was the most fun wedding I'd ever attended and that was mainly thanks to the Cuban element.  Nicole's wedding will have much more Cuban element and I'm expecting it to be the most fun yet.  I hope Sam's family is ready for the fireworks.

Most of my grandchildren are in long term relationships but this is the first granddaughter to get married.  I know marriage isn't the goal everyone strives for but I'm very happy that my beautiful sweetheart has chosen that path.  Many people in common law marriages are more committed to each other than some in traditional marriages so, as long as they're happy, that's what counts most.

Now I have to find an outfit to wear, something I won't sweat to death in and something that feels comfortable.  I've got 14 months to shop!  I like the idea of an Indian sari type but Kim said no.  Hmmm!  No problem, I'll get what I want.  I think I'll spend this winter shopping for a wardrobe for the whole 4 days of the wedding and pre-wedding.  

People who don't have good family ties with their extended family really don't know what they're missing.  I adore John's family, especially his Mom and Dad.  It all makes for a happier life and much anticipation for getting together again.

Both Nicole and Sam are very family oriented.  I don't know his family well but have met them and they're very nice people.  It makes me happy that Nicole is marrying a good guy like Sam who has excellent ties to his own family.  I think that gives promise of a good marriage for both of them.

Life does go on, doesn't it?  If we managed to have good children, good grandchildren, and good greatgrandchildren, we must have done something right, Dennis!



No comments: