Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Hot Summer 2016

I'm not sure about the validity of global warming but this past summer has been the hottest in my memory.  In southern Ontario, we're used to only a few days in the 90's off and on over the summer but this year we've had too many for me to count.  On hot days like that I usually stay inside and it feels like a day wasted.

Today is September 7th and we're having a few days of 90+ weather...it's as though it will never stop.  I know it will and then we'll be squawking about the cold but, for me, this kind of heat is not welcome.  People might wonder why I prefer to winter in Florida if I hate heat but it's not the same there during the winter.  We usually have lovely warm days until April when it can get too hot for comfort.  I also love the seemingly constant blue skies of the Florida winter.  Canadian winter days are often grey and ugly.

And so I'll hang around the apartment today until Kim picks me up to go to Costco and then to Cindy's to play dominoes.  This has been such a nice thing to look forward to all week...dominoes at Cindy and Don's every Wednesday evening.  I hope they carry it on year round but it must be a little hard for 2 busy people to do this.

Anyway, I saw the weather map and it looks like our temperatures take a deep dive at the end of the week.  Thank heavens.

No comments: