Saturday, November 05, 2016

My Injury

And so I had my second steroid shot for my arm on Wednesday.  I was feeling pretty good knowing I had a least 2 weeks pain free to look forward to but it was not to be.  I think I injured my arm again just by twisting it back and to the side to plug in an appliance.  The socket was under a table and I thought I could get away with a little twisting.  I was wrong.  The pain was excruciating and the ache lasted all day and all night even though I applied the Voltaren cream to it.  I doubt I'll ever take another chance of twisting that darned arm.

When you're young, most injuries will heal quickly but I've discovered that we old folk just don't mend easily if at all.  I've always been a pretty sedentary person which means any muscles I have are infantile and also not flexible.  If I hadn't injured my arm last winter I'd still probably hurt myself if I twisted an arm.  Now it's a certainty and I must stop doing it ever again.  I don't tolerate pain well and the memory of the suffering I endured yesterday should save me from hurting it again.

Life is different now but it's still pretty good!


No comments: