Friday, November 18, 2016

Waiting

As much as I hate taking medical tests, I hate waiting for the results even more.  You are on edge until you do...then you can relax or begin to deal with any bad news.  I hate this!

I've been up since about 4:30 A.M. because I gave up trying to get back to sleep after a middle of the night pee.  I figured I'd have an early shower and that would take up some time.  It did, about 10 minutes.  I expected to hear from my doctor at 8 A.M. because that's the time he called me on Monday to tell me the results of my bloodwork.  I assume the results of my ultrasound haven't reached him yet.

I don't think we were ever meant to have our body invaded with cameras or the contents of our blood analyzed.  What we don't know about what's going on inside our bodies might be a good thing.  At least we don't worry about what we don't know.

I'm 76 years old and, until a short while ago, I was having fun and now I'm testy and worried.  Not a whole lot but I'm sure not having fun right now.  Thank you, modern technology!

It's like having little no-seeums nipping at you.

No comments: