Thursday, November 17, 2016

Speck of Good News

When my doctor sent me for an abdominal ultrasound, I knew it was to see if there were any enlarged lymph nodes to explain the increase in my white blood cell count.  I had the ultrasound this morning and, unlike any technician I've ever come across, this one was willing to answer some of my questions.

Shelley had told me that lymph node enlargement would show up in the spleen so, as the process was going on, I asked the tech if she could see any enlarged lymph nodes or an enlarged spleen.  Her English wasn't very good but she seemed to tell me that she saw no enlarged nodes.  When she was done, she said very clearly that my spleen was just fine.  Now I have to wait to hear from my doctor if all this possible good news is true!

I understand why techs are not supposed to answer your questions because it's not their job to give you bad news.  If they only give you good news then you know you're in trouble if they give you no answers at all.  I'm hoping my tech wasn't just trying to shut me up.

I hate medical tests!  I hate medication!! 

No comments: