Monday, January 16, 2017

Biting The Hand

Nick invited me to dinner at his house yesterday about half an hour before Kim was to pick me up.  This left me no time to purchase something to take.  When I arrived at his and Bev's house, I told him I hated to bite the hand that fed me but I would prefer more notice so I could bring something instead of arriving empty handed.

Kim made a salad and I could have bought fruit or wine (I think I'll buy a few bottles to have ready).  There is lots of food in my place but it's already cooked and frozen.

Either Nick will start giving me more notice or stop inviting me.  LOL!  Maybe I should have just accepted the invitation gracefully!

Nash got a "Trouble" game for Christmas and we played that for a while after dinner.  It was fun for all of us and Nolan won.  It's never the game that's important but the interaction between the people playing it.

We also celebrated an award that Bev received from work.  She's being honored with a trip to Hawaii and taking Nick with her.  I have to say that Bev is the perfect woman for my Nick...she's intelligent, kind, and she obviously loves our family and has quickly become part of it.  To see how happy they are together warms my heart.

And so I sit here on a beautiful sunny day and think how lucky I am.  My family is doing well and I'm a contented old gal.  Life is good.



  

No comments: