Saturday, January 14, 2017

I'd Use Marijuana

If I'd been a smoker I'd have tried marijuana already and that's a fact.  But I'm not and I sort of regret not being able to try it in my youth.

I have already decided that, when and if I'm in debilitating pain, I'll get the proper certificate to use it legally.  I'd rather use marijuana to alleviate serious pain than to further poison my body with drugs.  This decision wasn't made lightly but by doing my research.  It's a sad fact that marijuana use is probably not near as dangerous as swilling alcohol or popping back oxycodone but our laws are usually made by people of influence, some of whom own or have stock in distilleries and pharmaceutical companies but not marijuana farms.  This is changing and we'll soon see marijuana use made legal as soon as all the politicians have purchased their grow-op stock.  Cynical?  Yes, but it's happening as I write.

Of course there is the danger of people abusing legal marijuana but there will always be stupid people who abuse just about everything on earth.  Keeping it illegal isn't fair to those that would benefit greatly by legalizing it.  

Thank heavens for the internet because most of us would still be believing that marijuana is deadly if we didn't have all the information available there.  The people in power have suppressed any information that they don't want the citizens to know but they lost control when we became able to access it on the internet.  It worries me a bit that those same "people in power" might one day gain control of the internet.  Anything is possible.

For now, we've learned that marijuana isn't deadly and can offer remarkable benefits to people with health issues.  I hope I never need it but, if I do, I will definitely find a way to obtain it.

No comments: