Friday, January 13, 2017

Adjusting

One of the biggest adjustments you have to make when living in an apartment instead of a house is where to store seasonal furniture.  I do have a storage unit in the basement but it's full of stuff that I've forgotten what is there.  There is no room for my balcony furniture.

I bought the cutest set of 2 chairs and a small table for the balcony this summer but didn't want to leave it out there all winter.  I decided to move my makeup table from the spare bedroom into my bedroom and get rid of the hassock to make room for it.  It's always a matter of deciding what you can do without if you don't want your apartment overcrowded.

Anyway, this left room for one balcony chair and the little table to be put in the spare bedroom.  It looks nice and serves a purpose.  I then just shoved the second balcony chair behind my nice new leather swivel rocker (note the Minion blanket that Bonnie made for me) because there was space and it wasn't easily seen.  But every time I looked at it I thought it was stupid to not be putting it to use so I dragged it out and now use it in the livingroom.  Not my true preference but it's an okay addition for the winter.

It is very important for people moving from a house to an apartment to accept there probably won't be room for everything you own.  It's also a new opportunity to declutter your life and I've done that fairly well.  I know I have too much craft items but that's just the way it is.  

The balcony chair is comfortable and not bad looking so I feel I've solved a problem the best way I could.

No comments: