Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Spoiled Myself Today

It might sound kind of icky but I get an extraordinary amount of callous on the bottom of my feet for some reason so I began getting pedicures quite a few years ago.  Nowadays I also need to be given a pedicure because I have trouble reaching my feet.  This is a sad fact of old age for many of us.

Anyway, today I got myself a haircut (love it), a pedicure (love it), and a pair of Alia pants which are the same but different color as 2 others I bought this year and that fit me nicely and wash well.  I love them, too.

We need to spoil ourselves once in a while and all this spoiling just happened to occur on the same day which leaves me feeling slightly guilty but not much.  I really did need the haircut and the pedicure but the pants were an afterthought.  The 2 salons and the Alia/TanJay store are within a 30 second walk from each other in the mall and my will power was low.

Treating yourself doesn't mean you have to spend money.  It just means doing something for yourself that makes you feel good.  My hair now looks cute, my feet feel wonderful, and the pants are my first in a lovely dark teal color.  I don't ever apologize for spoiling myself.  There were too many years in my life when there were no funds to spoil any of my family so I'm enjoying it now.

It's been a good day.

No comments: