Monday, February 20, 2017

Living Large in Florida

Well, I took a bunch of photos of Shelley's beautiful house to put on this blog but my laptop works completely differently and weirdly using the touch pad than it does when I'm at home and use the remote keypad.  I can't figure out why and I'm done trying.  I'll post all pictures next month.

We had a lovely drive down, mostly by Valerie, who found us an interesting motel for the night even if we had to go 50 miles off Hwy 75!  The rooms were really nice, more of a suite.  Unfortunately the beds were so high that Val had to push Faye up into hers and I ended up falling out of my bed in the morning.  I've worried for years what I'd do if I fell because it would kill my knees to try to get back up.  Sitting on a motel rug where I never even put my bare feet, I had to put my hands on it, get painfully on one knee (I figured hurting only one knee was preferable to having someone have to break in and lift me off the floor), and was so relieved to be back on my feet.  I still hurt a little today but no too badly.

We drove through the Smoky Mountain Park in Tennessee on Sunday and it was very beautiful, even for this time of the year...early spring.  The rippling streams seen through the bare foliage were lovely.  We were too early to see flowering plants but there were some patches of daffodils here and there.  We stopped at the information building and Faye found a puzzle she wanted to buy.  Having no money on her, she went searching for Valerie and found a lady she thought was Valerie and asked her.  Faye yakked away wondering why her daughter was ignoring her request until the lady turned around and she saw her mistake.  Lots and lots of laughs!

We hit mostly Cracker Barrel restaurants for meals so we ate well!

We arrived a Shelley and Johns near 10 P.M. and had a little tour of the house to see the many improvements done since even last April.  The bathroom is all finished, rooms are painted, and the new door is in...with peep door.  I don't know what it's really called but it's a little door in the middle of the door that can open so you can see who is outside...adorable!

I think we all slept well that night and I had my morning coffee out on the patio listening to the sounds of birds going mad.  Faye was up before  anyone and out for a walk.  Val took us shopping at the mall close by and we all managed to buy a few things that were on sale.  Then we (Faye, Val, and I) had a delicious lunch at a restaurant patio...perfect weather!  Then home for a nap.  Shelley won't be home until after 7 P.M. so we're going out for dinner when she gets here.

John was off today and their front door lions were delivered.  He's changed his mind about where they should go, though.

I talked to Dee and Jan from 3W and found out the Canada dinner is at 5 P.M. on Saturday.  We'll be staying overnight at Dee's place.  We have the most wonderful friends at 3W and I'm so thankful to count them as such!

I am so happy to be here with my sweet Alvarez family and having my sweet Faye and Val here, too.  Life is good!

No comments: