Monday, February 27, 2017

My Park

I haven't been drawn back to my park for almost 20 years because it's the most beautiful park in the world but because the people there sure are!  Faye and I went over on Saturday to attend the Canada Day dinner and then stay overnight with Dee and Mitch.  I hugged so many people that I've missed terribly and even won a prize (mug/tote).

After the dinner we went back to Dee's and played 65 with Gail, Joann, and Kathy.  It was like old times.  Remember, it isn't the game but the social action that goes with it!

Dee and I had planned on going to the game room at 11 P.M. but I hadn't slept much the night before so I went to bed at 9:30, slept like a log and was up at 6:30 to start the day.  Mitch got up shortly after and began cooking breakfast.  I'd told Dee I usually have fruit for breakfast so she arranged a delicious mixture of fruit for us.

Dee had invited some people to drop by from 10-noon and they did.  We had a wonderful gabfest out on the patio...again, like old times.  Dee brought out snacks and drinks...one was made in a blender and very alcoholic, very tasty!

Then Dee borrowed Jan's golf cart to take me around the park to see the changes (Faye stayed to talk to Mitch because she'd already done her walk around the park).  We have new owners and they've done a lot of clean up, plantings, and the lots are pretty well full.  Oh yes, I forgot to mention that Faye and I went into my trailer to get the things I want to take home and it was really sad.  I'm used to coming down to a nice clean trailer but I didn't get that done and it just looked awful...lots of dead bugs and lizards.  It didn't feel like home any more.  One of my friends wants to rent it for March so I've checked to see if they would also clean it for a reduced rent.  We'll see.

Soon it was time to say our goodbyes to our wonderful hosts and head back to Tampa.  It's only a one hour and 15 minute drive but we were ready for our naps when we got there.  Those short afternoon naps are quite rejuvenating, especially for us old folks.

Dinner was chicken, asparagus, and riced cauliflower out on the patio on a warm Florida evening.  Life is good! 

No comments: