Friday, February 24, 2017

Tea

Shelley, Valerie, Faye, and I are going to a tea room this afternoon.  It was only a few years ago that I went to one for the first time and I balked at paying $18-20 for tea and a few scones but, once experienced, it was absolutely wonderful and I've been to a few since then.  It was there that I got the bug for different flavored teas and have enjoyed them ever since.

I'm not a worldly person and I come from a poor background so it's been hard for me to step out of my comfort zone like this.  I think a history of poverty often makes us wary of where we spend our money even if we've come up in the world a bit.  Thankfully, I have family who drag me forward!  

Today was laundry day but Faye and Val (who leaves for home tomorrow) went shopping.  They'll be back in time to go to the tea room.

No comments: