Friday, February 24, 2017

Shopping and Key Lime Pie at George & Rosie's

Valerie has been a sweetheart, driving the two Miss Daisies around while she's here...she leaves for home on Saturday.  We had lunch at the Columbian in Ybor City...it is such a spectacular Cuban restaurant and not too pricey but it sure is elegant!  I don't know who suggested going to Bealls but off we went with our ever ready Val.  It's nice that she's a confident and capable driver, too.

I finally managed to buy myself one top...the other 3 I bought the other day at deep discounted prices are a little too tight so they'll go to my girls if they want them.  I love Bealls but usually go with a coupon so it was hard for me to buy much when we'd only get 40% off instead of another $10-20.  

John and Jake are both away but John came home at 6 P.M.  We picked him up at the airport and then drove to George and Rosie's house for Keylime pie and ice-cream.  They live in a lovely house right on a canal so we sat out on the dock.  Manny (8) and Miranda (10?) are two of the nicest children I've ever met.  It was a heavenly wonderful evening in beautiful Florida!

No comments: