Friday, February 03, 2017

My Rant

Today I heard from a complete stranger that they believed I gathered my world views by watching a video.  This made me a little angry but more saddened that there are so many people in this world who have little or no respect for anyone else's point of view.

I do rant on my blog because it is my blog but I try not to rant on Facebook.  I'm much more respectful there because it involves other people and their views which I'm always respectful about.  When I rant on the blog I'm pretty much talking to myself and it's a good outlet for my fears, frustrations, and likes.

I think I'm a fairly open minded old gal because I don't completely close my mind to anything.  I always leave a little opening in case I'm wrong but I do call them as I see them.  Heaven knows, I honestly don't know a heck of a lot about anything and I'm always willing to listen to another side of the story.

I don't know how old the person was who insulted me but I'm betting he's under 30.  That's the generation where we think we're the only ones who know what is right.  I felt the same way at that age but have been astounded as I aged and learned how dumb I was in those days.  The wisest thing I ever learned was to keep an open mind and to respect the beliefs of others even if I didn't agree with them.

So the mild anger faded away and now I feel a bit sorry for the guy because his little mind is still closed.






No comments: