Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Vacation Time Ending

As much as I've enjoyed this month with Shelley and hers, there is really no place like home and we'll be there in 4 days...probably complaining about the cold!  Dwayne is flying down on Friday and we're leaving Saturday morning for home.  We'll beer and dine him on Friday night at a local Irish pub for his sacrifice!

I asked Faye yesterday if we'd spent the month eating, shopping and having naps.  It wasn't totally like that because we also did some very nice gardening, too, but Shelley and John are a working couple and being here in this lovely house is not nearly like being at 3W where activity reigns.  

Cindy and her kids arrive on Sunday so our beds will barely have cooled off by the time they're taken over by that group.  Shelley's house has become almost a bed and breakfast for the family and we're very lucky that John doesn't seem to mind...he's family all the way!  I'm sorry I won't get to see the new arrivals but it's time to go and that's that.

I have a few important things coming up at home such as the MRI which will determine whether I can go back to Florida next winter.  I'm feeling perfectly fine with no symptoms whatsoever but who knows what the outcome will be?  My main concern is being okay to go to Nicole's wedding in November.

I think my first mission back home will be to purchase a few orchids and African violets to brighten up my apartment.  Putting flowers out on the balcony will still be at least 2 months away and I'm not waiting that long to hang out with real live flowers!

No comments: