Monday, April 24, 2017

Moving Furniture




I've been considering changing my livingroom around for a while but the only thing that stopped me was the perceived difficulty in moving the shelving.  It turned out to be no problem at all.

Other than removing the boxes of books and toys from the shelving, I didn't lift much.  Most items could be pushed around so that's what I did.  I had to lift the shelving unit but that wasn't too bad after it was empty.

I've now got my swivel rocker facing the patio doors and I'm really going to like that because I'll have a good view of most of the balcony flowers later on in the season.  There are sparrows out there for most of the day, too.  It seems much roomier and brighter now and, from my chair, I can't see the awful mess on my desk.  One day I'll clean that up. 

I downsized the number of books, both kiddie and adult, which still left me with tons of books I really need to get around to reading.  I've loved this apartment since the day I moved in 2013 and I just seem to love it more every year.  I'm very happy I made that move when I did!

Looking at the photos, I see I need to hang something on the wall above the dining table and I'm not sure if I want to hang a picture or a scroll there.  I'll make up my mind later.  There also seems to be a little too much mess next to the rocker...that's my Swedish weaving and it has to stay in that area but I can put it on the shelf under the end table and it will look much neater.

The ledge at the patio door holds most of my orchids and a mum (it will eventually go outside when it's warmer).  

I've lived here for almost 4 years and this is the first time I've changed much in the livingroom.  I like it!

  Made a few changes and like this better. 


No comments: