Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Fridge Magnets

Fridge magnets can tell you a lot about the lady of the house (I don't think a man has ever bought a fridge magnet).  The ones in the photo tell the story of my life...they're just a few of them but the rest are souvenirs from my cruising days.

The one that makes me laugh every time I look at it is on the bottom left.  Shelley bought that for me and it shows she knows her Momma.  Yes, I hate cook and only do so to survive.  This could be the reason I've had so many food failures but it also could mean the failures are why I hate to cook.

One of the things I learned at my senior park is that most women lose interest in cooking once their family grows up and leaves home.  If their hubby is still around, she might have to cook for him but she'll drag him into a lot of restaurants, too.

I've had many different tones to my fridge magnets over the years and I bet they always reflected my state of mind at the time.  One in particular, headed "no-one can hurt you unless you let them", was there for a very long time and that was significant because it helped me learn how to cope.  For a very long time my fridge magnets have been on the funny side and that, too, reflects my frame of mind.  I have a good sense of humor which will get anyone through the toughest of times.

When my kids and grandkids were young, my fridge was covered with their art work.  That's guaranteed to make you smile when you see it.  I've been in homes where nothing is stuck on their fridge and it makes me wonder why.  Are they really neat or are they repressing something?

So, check out the fridge magnets the next time you're in someone's house and you just mind find out who they really are.

No comments: