Monday, April 03, 2017

My Baby is 53

53 years ago today, my youngest child was born.  We'd hoped for a baby boy after already having two little girls but the joy of welcoming a new baby girl quickly overwhelmed us.

Shelley was my smallest baby at 8 lbs. 12 1/2 ounces.  I make big babies!  She was a beautiful treasure from the very start and managed to survive Cindy's early jealous pinching.  The love between them grew quickly, thank heavens.

We had a terrible scare of losing Shelley when she was only 3 months old and developed bronchiolitis (don't know if that's spelled correctly).  The doctors told us they weren't certain they could save her but they did and she grew up to be a wonderful human being.  She's now a nurse practitioner dedicated to helping and saving her own patients.

I often muse about how all 3 of my girls are exceptionally good people and that Dennis and I must have done something right in raising them.  But we loved them and raised them the best we could, making many mistakes but always loving them.

We were blessed with 3 daughters who dearly love and care for each other to this day and no-one can ask for anything more out of life.  

Happy Birthday, dear Shelley!  

No comments: