Saturday, April 29, 2017

Some Good News

You can bet that when your doctor states that he/she is pretty sure you're just fine that they mean it.  They don't like to commit to a diagnosis without reams of scientific medical proof in front of them.  Anyway, I saw the hematologist yesterday and he wasn't daunted by a few enlarged lymph nodes.  He believes this is just the natural progression of my CLL and that it will need nothing more than monitoring.  Yeah!

They took 11 vials of blood and are scheduling another MRI just to be sure and I'm okay with that.  I know the CLL is a lifelong medical condition but, if all it needs is monitoring, I'm happy.  He didn't even want to bother with making me another appointment to see him until he gets the blood and MRI results.  I'm assuming he really does believe I'll do fine without him.

I called Shelley to give her the news and she made me plane reservations to come to Jake's graduation in May.  My family is the greatest and I'm not bragging, just telling the truth.

Kim came over after work and we drove to a restaurant in Ancaster to meet Cindy and Aeron for dinner.  Then on to a 50's musical by Theatre Ancaster.  I was in heaven and it was so hard not to sing along with music because I remembered all or most of the words.  My feet wanted to dance, too.  The whole evening was a gift from my girls and I treasure it!

With worries about my health settled down, I slept like a baby all night!



  

No comments: