Sunday, April 02, 2017

Sounds of Spring

Springtime in the north country is always more welcomed than in the south.  We've suffered through, tolerated, or enjoyed the cold winter and now we're seeing the earth coming back to life.

The birds have been merrily chirping for a while now and I'm sure there are many nests being built to house the next generation of every species.  I once had a robin's nest on my balcony but I don't think there's a suitable spot left out there for another nest.  They like to build them in spots that aren't easily accessible to intruders.   The one I had was built behind a huge plant that I never would have seen except for the nervous mother robin who would screech and fly away from it every time I came near.  Apparently she was a late nester and had thought no-one lived in my apartment.

It's a good thing I don't have to pay for the heat in my apartment because I leave windows and the patio door open most of time to allow fresh air in.  It's especially nice when the early spring air fills the rooms.

There is something magical about springtime in the north.  The plants that have lain grey and dormant all winter begin to sprout their color and you almost feel as though you, too, have been reborn...so fortunate to experience another spring with all the promise it brings.

It's only April 2nd so the only greenery I'm seeing is in the grass but I know it's only a matter of time before the warmer temperatures produce beautiful color for us to enjoy.  

Today the sky is blue and the sun is shining brightly.  The birds are singing their songs and it feels like all is well in my world.  Life is good!


No comments: