Saturday, April 01, 2017

I've Been Lucky

When I look back on my life I realize that, for the most part, I've been very lucky....just not at gambling.  Yesterday I called on my superintendent to install the new shower head that I'd just bought.  I'd tried to remove the old one but couldn't so I thought it best to not ask one of the boys in case they broke the pipe.

Soren is the superintendent for a few apartment buildings and he must have been born to do this job because he's so good at it.  My building is about 50 years old but has been kept in very good repair, very clean, and lovely landscaping.  This is what attracted me to it in the first place.

I call ed Soren at 9 A.M. and asked for his help but said there was no hurry because I'd be home all day.  He arrived around 11 A.M. and quickly installed the shower head for me.  As he did, he mentioned that the tub (original to the building) needed to be reglazed and the taps needed to be replaced.  All of this without me asking!  He said it would be about a 2 day job because the tiles would need replacing, too, and told me to let him know when I'd be away for a couple of days.  

I asked Faye if I could stay with her while this work was being done and she welcomed me!  Now, is this not a charmed life?

No life is perfect but I think I've had a pretty good one in many ways.  And now I'm going to have a nice new bathroom, too!

No comments: