Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Weight Loss

Burger King has been my favorite fast food restaurant for a while and I hate to admit I frequented it 4-5 times a week up until last August.  But it was then that I somehow managed to gain control of myself and stop the madness.  So, since last August I have lost 17 lbs. while still having the occasional fries and potato chips.  

I struggled from August to November, though, still eating at Burger King far too often for it to be healthy.  But, again, fate stepped in and I was diagnosed with a pancreatic cyst that actually didn't exist but the diagnosis scared the heck out of me and I almost stopped eating altogether.  After a couple of weeks of rapid weight loss I gained my senses and realized that, no matter what, I felt wonderful and I was not going to live any more as though my days were numbered.

I think that abrupt diet helped to shrink my tummy, though, and I honestly have very little interest in going to Burger King now...haven't been there in over 3 weeks.  I eat most of my meals at home and they usually consist of my crock pot meals which are very healthy.

My clothes fit so much better and are getting a little loose but that's okay, too.  It gives me a reason to shop.  Heaven only knows if I'll go back to my old ways of eating but, for now, I'm doing great and I'm very proud of myself.

No comments: