Saturday, June 24, 2017

A Kind Of Chili

I am not a good cook.  But I'm not afraid to combine oddball ingredients and hope for the best, either.  The above is an example of one of my concoctions that turned out pretty yummy!

I do most of my cooking in the crock pot so I hauled it out and then looked in the cupboard to see what I had.  2 cans of kidney beans, 1 can of tomato soup, 1/2 pkg. of chili seasoning!  Then I looked in the freezer to see what meat was there.  I don't eat much meat but I did have one boneless chicken breast and about a 2 lb. pork loin roast so I chose the chicken breast to add to my oddball chili along with 1 cup of water.  I'm not sure why I added the water but the seasoning smell seemed a little strong and I thought the water would tame it.

I let it simmer away for a couple of hours before taking a look and thought it was a little too soupy so my options for that were either barley or noodles.  I chose the noodles.

Like I said, I'm not a good cook but this really did turn out quite tasty.  It's not really chili but I like it!

No comments: