Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Canada's 150th

Canada will be 150 years old this year and we'll be celebrating like it's something really special...but it's really not very old considering the age of most of the countries in this world.  We're almost babies!

I watched a stand-up comedy show on T.V. yesterday dedicated to our 150th but I soon realized that most of the comedians were Americans talking about Canada.  Hmm!

One thing that stuck with me, though was when one comedian mentioned how we really are the same people as the Americans...the only difference being we don't have guns but we do have health care.  LOL!

Of course, we are identical to the Americans because both countries are melting pots of every nationality in the world.  There is a big difference in our politics, though.  Americans are much more patriotic than we Canadians are for one thing.  I don't understand why that is because Canada is one of the best places in the world to live but maybe we just take it for granted.

I am proud of my country.  I appreciate that we are relatively peaceful and safe and the only fault I can find is that we have a too cold winter and some of the dumbest politicians in the world who haven't yet managed to ruin us.

No comments: