Thursday, June 22, 2017

Dentist

I had a double whammy at the dentist this morning.  I already had an appointment, one of 2, to do some kind of laser cleaning under the gums which is supposed to slow down loss of enamel but my dentist was kind enough to add in a filling, too.  The laser treatment is not the same as just a cleaning but I'm at a loss to explain it...I know it should help with the deep pockets under my gums, though.

I went in at 8:30 A.M. and held my mouth open for both procedures until 10 A.M.  My jaw is so sore now that I can hardly open my mouth to eat.  There is no guarantee the filling will work and I won't need a root canal, either, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Going to the dentist is stressful at the best of times but make it a 1 1/2 hour ordeal on an old lady and I came out of there sort of rattled.  If I hadn't had to drive home, I wouldn't have driven at all.  I ended up sleeping away most of the afternoon so I know I was pretty stressed out.

There is no pain but the inside of my mouth is tender but that's to be expected.  I'm hoping for everything to be back to normal by tomorrow morning.

Update:  5 days later and the side of my face still has a huge bruise on it.  I knew I was hurt! 

No comments: