Sunday, June 11, 2017

Healing Salt Cave

Kim and Cindy took me out for my delayed and surprise Mother's Day present today.  The refused all along to tell me what it was and I worried a lot it was going to be a hot air balloon ride or a helicopter ride...I've often said I'd like to do those things but I am much too scared of heights.  I also laughingly thought they might be taking me to a nursing home but, no, it's a little too early for that.  LOL!

Anyway, they picked me up at 9:30 A.M. and handed me brochures for the "Healing Salt Cave", a spa based on the healing powers of the Himalayan salt mines...I bought a salt lamp a while ago.  I was soooo relieved!

We entered a pretend salt cave, a room with salt floors and salt particles filtered into it.  We had to cover up with blankets because the temperature is kept at about 15 degrees celsius (I think) for an optimum experience.  We talked a lot but I think it would be a perfect place to meditate, too.  Then we went into the sauna which is also not the usual kind.  I'm not sure how to explain it but it also has something to do with the salts. They call it an infrared sauna.  Kim couldn't take the heat and got out first, then Cindy, and then me.  I love saunas!

We finished off in another quiet room where our hands and feet were placed on heated salt slabs designed to remove the toxins from you just as the sauna does.  There were other salt baths that we didn't get and I don't think I want to do that but I might at a later date.

I purchased a salt scrub facial which I'll have next Sunday.  They do the facial and a shoulder massage so that sounds just lovely!

We went to Wendy's for lunch and then over to the store where I bought my salt lamp.  I'd asked the girls if they would like a salt lamp for Christmas and both said yes so they picked out the ones they wanted.  When I went to pay, I discovered I'd left my credit card at home because I was using a smaller and lighter purse for the day.  I'll pick the lamps up tomorrow and give them to the girls...we're all going out for dinner with Lisa and Anna tomorrow.

I really loved today's experience and will most certainly go back there for the sauna and maybe the float treatment.

Back home, I must have been very relaxed from the treatments because I had the longest afternoon nap ever!

No comments: