Friday, June 30, 2017

Pyjama Day

Well, not quite pyjamas but my comfy lounger was what I spent the day in yesterday.  I rarely do that, even on days I don't plan to go out but it's nice once in a while.

I didn't do much work, either, only made the bed and washed a few dishes.  The day was overcast and that seems to make me lose incentive to do much of anything.  Beautiful sunny days do give me incentive and that's when I get the most done.

It's overcast again today but I have to go out for money and groceries...not too demanding.  Tomorrow is our Canada Day and I've spent it for 4 years out on my balcony watching fireworks from about 6 different spots.  I might even make a gin and tonic to take out there with me!

Mary was supposed to come in this week but Don is having some trouble with his new medication and it's not safe for her to leave him alone.  She told me a scary but interesting story about what doctors did to him the other day.  Don's heart isn't beating perfectly and he's getting a little dizzy and overtired and that's why he was given a new medication.  Well, the medication didn't work as expected so they took him into the hospital (just for the day), stopped his heart and then used paddles to restart it.

I'm horrified that this was done at all but to do it and then send him home is pretty scary.  Mary insisted on being with him during the procedure and she said that, when they stopped his heart, he reared his head back and made a croaking sound.  He seems to be fine now but that is very frightening.  Don is a very active 83 year old man who takes care of his 2+ acre property and rides horses regularly.  He has never been a couch potato so I hope his doctors can get his medication regulated so he can get on with his normal active life.

Life is so ephemeral.  The best we can do is enjoy what we can, tolerate what we have to, and keep on smiling.

  

No comments: